Cleaning of shared areas
We usually clean communal areas every two weeks. You’ll find the cleaning schedule displayed on the noticeboard.
- Mop, sweep and hoover the floors
- Clean stair rails, bannisters and window sills
- Remove cobwebs and clean dusty or dirty skirting boards
- Clean and sweep the bin stores
- Clean the outside of the windows twice a year, but more often if they need it.
Some of these won’t need cleaning every time, but if any cleaning hasn’t been done please contact us and let us know.
For fire safety reasons don’t leave or store any personal items in shared areas.
Sometimes people dump rubbish and unwanted items in shared areas. Read our abandoned items and rubbish page to find out what you and we can do about that.
You can report it to the police, and they’ll investigate, but they don’t remove graffiti.
If the graffiti’s on public land, report it to your local council and they’ll remove it.
If it’s on our land, contact us and we’ll clean it up. This can take up to four weeks; however if it’s offensive, we’ll remove it as a matter of urgency.