We're committed to the principle of equality of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of discrimination – whether direct or indirect – on grounds such as age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion/belief, sexuality, gender.
In addition to all statutory and regulatory obligations placed upon us, We're committed to an organisational culture which values diversity and treats all people with fairness and respect.
We have a diverse range of employees and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy. This doesn’t just cover our recruitment and selection procedures, but runs right through learning and development, appraisal and promotion opportunities.
We promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation and work hard to ensure everyone is offered equality of opportunity to achieve their full potential. All the decisions we make relating to employment practices are objective, free from bias and based solely upon work criteria and individual merit.
We aim to:
- give the same opportunities to everyone
- recruit, train and develop all our employees so they are competent to achieve our objectives
- apply our commitment to equal opportunities when we decide who serves on our board and committees
- work towards employing a workforce which reflects the diversity of the local population;
- ensure that all job applicants and members of staff are treated fairly and equitably in line with equal opportunities policies.
- ensure that harassment does not take place within the workplace.
We are committed to equality and diversity and are members of the Housing Diversity Network a national, not for profit organisation which provides specialist training and advice on equality and diversity issues relating to the housing sector.