Making alterations and improvements to your property
If your property was bought from us originally, you’ll need to request our written permission to make alterations or improvements that will change the appearance or structure of your property (including changes you have made in the past). This includes things like:
- Replacing doors and windows
- Installing a driveway
- Building or removing any walls
- Adding extensions, porches and conservatories
- Painting or cladding the outside walls
(If you rent your property from us please visit the DIY and making improvements page in the tenants section.)
How to make your request
Please email or write to us and include the following:
- Your full name, address, email address and phone number(s)
- A description of what you want to do
- Any plans, drawings and specifications
There’s a charge of £300 per request.
What we’ll do and when
Once we’ve received your request and payment, we’ll respond in 10 working days.
You’ll receive a letter from us confirming or declining permission for the alteration.