How to apply for shared ownership
If you’d like to buy one of our shared ownership properties, please contact us and we’ll get started.
- Your household income must be under £80,000
- You can’t be an existing home owner
- You must qualify financially for the property you are interested in
- Sometimes additional criteria may apply to specific properties; this can be found in the property listing
The process summarised
- Register your interest in the property you are interested in via Share to Buy or Help to Buy
- Please also ensure you are registered and have completed a full application form with the local Help to Buy Agent
- We’ll contact you with further details on the development or hold your details until the development is released for sale
- Once properties are released for sale you will be asked to complete a short online affordability assessment and settle application form
- Once this is complete and if its successful you will be considered for one of the available homes, we will arrange viewings where possible however many of our homes are sold off plan
- Allocations are made on a priority basis, those with a local connection will take priority
- If you are allocated a property and wish to proceed, you’ll pay a £500 reservation fee
- You’ll then select a solicitor and arrange your mortgage for your share
- You’ll complete the purchase of your property and move into your new home
*Where properties are sold off plan it may not be possible to view your new home until it has been full constructed, we will complete an off plan reservation meeting to run through the details of the development, specification and plans.
Here to help
It can all sound daunting, but our knowledgeable and experienced team will help you through each step in the process. We’ll make it as easy and stress free as possible for you. Just get in touch.