Our role at settle goes beyond being a landlord - we’re here for residents through both the good and the bad times. Throughout the pandemic we hope we’ve done all we can to support the wellbeing of residents, colleagues and communities.
During the year we’ve reached out to residents by phone, emails and letter to offer support and we continue to do all we can to help with essential items and wellbeing for residents and neighbours.
Here is a summary of some of the ways settle colleagues have supported residents so far in response to COVID-19.
- Delivered emergency food parcels to 167 residents
- Supported 87 residents with gas, electric or oil top-ups
- Completed 312 hours / 39 days in giving something back days, settle’s colleague volunteering programme, in response to the pandemic, which included:
- food parcel and medication deliveries
- volunteering at vaccination centres
- making up and delivering over 300 activity packs to customers
- delivering Christmas hampers
- volunteering with Samaritans and an older person befriending charity called ReEngage
- making calls to isolated residents on Christmas day
- Supported 90 households, which included 200 children with simple, healthy meals for three weeks during the 2020 summer holidays
- Delivered Christmas dinner to 30 residents who were spending Christmas alone
- Loaned laptops and tablets to colleagues and residents to support home learning
- Supported 36 colleagues who are parents and carers – around 15% of our workforce - with flexible parental support packages to manage their work / life balance and caring responsibilities during the third national lockdown.