How we manage personal information
We collect and use personal information about everyone who applies for or uses the services that settle provides.
We need to use personal information to manage tenancies, collect rent and service charges, and provide customers with the services they need. We also use it for research to make sure that we’re planning well and providing services that work for settle customers.
Keeping information safe
We store personal information electronically on our computer systems and on paper. It’s our duty under data protection regulation to keep it safe.
- Keep personal information in a safe place. It won’t get lost or be accidentally destroyed
- Only use as much information as we need to provide a service
- Not show personal information to anyone or pass it on without permission unless it’s for the prevention or investigation of crime, or someone would be at risk of harm if we didn’t
- Make sure personal information is correct and up to date
- Only keep personal information for as long as we need to
When customers get in touch, we need to make sure we are talking to the correct person. We do this by asking security questions based on the information we have, or by using passwords.
If somebody contacts settle on behalf of a customer, we will make sure that the customer has given their permission. We might ask for some supporting information from them to confirm this. We do this to make sure nobody has access to information they don’t have a right to know.
Sharing information to provide services
Sometimes we use contractors and suppliers to provide services to customers, and we need to give them enough information to do this. We’re very careful about who we share customer information with. Before we agree to work with another company, they need to show us that they will treat customer information in the same way we do.
Your right to access, change or move the information we hold about you
Under General Data Protection Regulation, customers have more control over the information we hold about them. Details are in our privacy notice.
If you have any questions about how we manage your information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org