1. Text size
  2. Contrast


Money worries

From time to time we can all find ourselves in debt or have money problems, but for some people debt can threaten their health, well-being and even their home.

If you feel like your debt or money situation is unmanageable, the best thing to do is talk about it with someone you trust and who can help you in a responsible way.

Here are a few organisations that will offer or help you find free, impartial and sound advice.


At settle, we have a dedicated team who can help. Just contact us and we’ll arrange for someone to visit you or you can visit us.

If you’re having problems paying your rent, please contact us and we can work with you, to help you get back into credit.

Claiming benefits

It could be that you’re entitled to Housing Benefit or other benefits. Try using one of the benefit calculators below:

If you need help applying for benefits please contact us.

Citizens’ Advice

Citizens’ Advice (previously called The Citizens’ Advice Bureau) can give you specific help with debt and budgeting.

Step change

If you’d like to speak to someone over the phone and/or anonymously you can contact the debt charity Step Change.

Financial Help for Families

The Financial Help for Families e-book can provide assistance in maximising incomes or dealing with a benefit problem as well as other useful tips.

This website uses cookies.  Find out which ones and why on our cookies and privacy page.  Click the button if you agree to the use of cookies.

Change cookie settings: