1. Text size
  2. Contrast


Other housing options

Not everyone who applies for social housing is going to be successful and those in lower housing need, who have less priority, will wait a long time. Below are some alternative housing options which you may wish to consider.


If you're currently social or council housing tenant, you can apply to swap your home with another social housing tenant, so long as the exchange meets the needs of both families.

Renting privately

Privately rented accommodation can help people with a variety of housing needs. Your local council can help you find out more about private rent properties.

If you qualify, you may be able to claim Housing Benefit to help towards the cost of the rent. Please contact them and ask to speak to a Housing Benefit adviser.

This website uses cookies.  Find out which ones and why on our cookies and privacy page.  Click the button if you agree to the use of cookies.

Change cookie settings: