1. Text size
  2. Contrast


Problems paying your rent

Every now and then we all have problems with money. It’s normal, but it can also be very worrying especially if we’re struggling to pay for essentials like food and rent.

Get in touch

If you’re having problems and can’t pay your rent on time please, please let us know as soon as you can. To help us support you as quickly as possible, please complete our help if you're struggling with living costs form. This information will help us see the best ways we can support you. We’ll be back in touch in 3 working days.

You can also contact us by phone and other ways if you'd like to talk it through with us.

How we can help

We can help in several ways:

  • Together we can agree on a manageable plan to help you through the difficult period and get you back into credit with your rent
  • We can arrange a free session with Citizens Advice where you can receive expert advice
  • If you’re looking for work, we can also provide support with getting back into work.
  • Try our free benefits and budgeting calculator, to find out if you’re getting all the financial support you are entitled to. It can also help you understand how you are spending your money and offers tips for making savings and increasing your income.

Will I be evicted?

We’ll do everything we can to stop that from happening. The more quickly you contact us about any problems, the quicker we can work together to get you back into credit.

Independent advice

There’s some really helpful advice on the Help with rent arrears and problems with paying your rent page on the Money Advice Service website. This is an independent website with helpful advice and good suggestions.

You can also contact your local Citizen’s Advice for independent advice.

This website uses cookies.  Find out which ones and why on our cookies and privacy page.  Click the button if you agree to the use of cookies.

Change cookie settings: