Our retirement accommodation
Our retirement living schemes are specifically intended for older people and is available to people who are aged 55+ in North Hertfordshire and aged 60+ in St Albans who may have a low level support need.
Our residents live in a self contained flat or bungalow and maintain their independence while having use of communal facilities.
Some schemes have a resident’s social committee which organises social occasions and events in the scheme and trips out.
We offer each of our residents a weekly visit (or contact of their choice) by one of our Housing Officers. There will also be a Housing Officer on site at each of our schemes for half a day Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Friday, should you need to talk through any concerns.
When your Housing Officer is not available another officer from the same team will contact you.
Our Housing Officers will visit you in your own home to offer advice, including:
- Assistance with applying for benefits and completion of forms
- Help with correspondence
- Advice with debt management and paying bills
- Assistance with reporting repairs
- Assistance with rent and tenancy issues
- Liaison with other agencies on your behalf
- Will assist with arranging services such as Community Meals or Home Care, if required
- Respond to emergencies when on site
Our Housing Officers cannot:
- Administer drugs or medication of any kind
- Cook or help with shopping (except in the event of an emergency until other agencies or relatives can take over)
- Help with housework or do laundry
- Provide personal care
If this is the type of service you need then you may be interested in our Flexicare Housing.
There is an alarm system to summon help in an emergency at any time of the day or night. Every room has a pull cord; residents can also be provided with a pendant, to be worn as a necklace or on the wrist. When a call is activated the Housing Officer on site will respond, or Careline (Control Centre) at all other times. Careline is staffed 24 hours a day.
What is the weekly cost?
The rental varies from scheme to scheme. The rent includes heating and electricity, water rates and a service charge.