Returning the property to us
This page covers the practical steps of emptying your property and returning it to us.
If you need help disposing of any rubbish or unwanted items please contact us as we offer a clearance service.
If you’re clearing the property because the previous tenant has passed away, please first read our when a tenant passes away page.
During your four-week notice period
During this time, we may arrange to carry out an inspection of your property.
- We may ask you to arrange for repairs that are your responsibility to be fixed before you move out
- If you have made any changes to the property, we’ll agree with you whether these can stay or whether you’ll need to remove or restore them before you move out
During the four weeks you’ll also want to let the council, the water, gas and electric companies know that you’ll be moving out.
On the day you move out
- Make sure there’s nothing left in the property, gardens or communal areas including rubbish, furniture, belongings etc
- Make sure all remaining rent has been paid
- Lock all the doors and windows and return the keys to us by 11:00am on the Monday that was agreed as your moving out date
- Bring (or send by recorded post) both sets of keys, any garage and additional keys including key fobs to our Blackhorse Road office
If we must do any of the above we will charge you and we may ask you to continue to pay rent while we carry out the work.