Usually you will have one of the following types of tenancy with us:
- Fixed-term tenancy
- Assured lifetime tenancy
- Assured shorthold tenancy
Your tenancy agreement will say what type of tenancy you have but if you'd like to know more, please read A summary of your tenancy Rights.pdf
If you need further information, please contact us.
Most of our new tenants will have a fixed-term tenancy.
In most cases, when the fixed term comes to an end, another fixed-term tenancy will be issued. Only in exceptional cases would we not renew it including:
- Persistent rent arrears
- Serious anti-social behaviour
- Where the property is now too large or too small
- Where the property has special features that are no longer required
- Not using the property as your main home
Leaving before your fixed-term ends
Although you can't give us formal notice, you can request to end your tenancy. Please contact us and we can discuss this with you.
Details about your rent, how to pay, when we might change it and what to do if you’re struggling to pay can be found on the About your rent page.