Your responsibilities as a tenant
You are expected to:
- Pay your rent on time
- Keep your home and any garden areas clean and neat
- Allow our staff and contractors access to your home when needed to carry out repairs, heating servicing and other works
- Make sure no one in your household or your visitors acts in an antisocial way or causes a nuisance to your neighbours
- Not use threatening, violent or abusive behaviour towards our staff or our contractors
- Not transfer or sub-let your home to someone else without our permission
- Let us know immediately if you are planning to allow someone to live in your home as a lodger
If you keep to the terms of your tenancy we will not end your tenancy early.
Find out more about our responsibilities as a landlord.
Repairs and maintenance
To find out more about which parts of your home are our responsibility and yours visit the Repair and maintenance responsibilities page.