Our priority as a landlord will always be to keep residents’ homes safe.
We fulfill all regulatory responsibilities and have 100% safety certificates in place for the checks we are required to complete in our buildings.
We do everything we can to help keep your building safe. As part of this we carry out regular Fire Risk Assessments to our blocks of flats.
Fire doors are installed in communal areas in all our blocks of flats, and we provide guidance to customers on the importance of keeping communal areas clear and making sure that fire safety doors are not propped open.
It is the responsibility of homeowners to ensure your flat front door is a fire safety door. If following a regular inspection we find this not to be a fire door, we will contact you and ask for it to be replaced as a priority. If you need support with this, please let us know as there are ways we can help.
If you have any additional questions about fire safety, you can also contact your local fire and rescue service who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Things you can do to keep your home safe
During the last year, there have been eight accidental house fires in the homes of settle residents. Thankfully no lives were lost, but the distress and disruption has had a big impact on the households and neighbours involved. Greasy cookers, overloaded electric sockets and electrical gadgets that may not be from reputable manufacturers are quite often the main causes of fire.
- Check your smoke alarms weekly.
- Take the home fire safety check – get a personalised action plan: www.safelincs.co.uk/hfsc
- Sign up for home contents insurance – from 37p a week. Get in touch with us to find out more.
- Check electrical products have one or more safety certifications on their label and they have been made by a legitimate manufacturer. More information can be found on the electrical safety website
- Avoid overloading sockets and use one plug per socket. Don’t ‘daisy chain’ extension sockets
- If you live in a block of flats, don’t forget to keep your front door closed at all times.