Immediate changes for Post Office card account holders

HMRC will stop making tax credit and child benefit payments into Post Ofice card accounts after 30 November.

We recently posted an article explaining the DWP will stop paying state pension into Post Office Card Accounts from November 2022, when Post Office card accounts will be closed for good.

There is more information on the Post Office’s website. explaining what to do as an alternative to Post Office card accounts. This includes:

  • Use an existing account you have with a bank, building society or credit union
  • Open an account with a bank, building society or credit union
  • Payment Exceptions Service (does not apply to payments received from HMRC)

If you’re receiving payments from DWP and are unable to use or set up a bank, building society or credit union account, the government will get in contact with you about their new Payment Exception service.

If you are receiving payments from HMRC, you can contact HMRC’s helplines (0345 300 3900 for tax credits or 0300 200 3100 for child benefit) or use your Personal Tax Account to provide alternative account details.

If you need any support to set up a new account, please get in touch with us and we can help

More posts