Addiction is not having control over, taking or using something to the point where it could be harmful to you.
Addictions can affect your mental, emotional, physical and financial well-being.
If you or someone you know needs urgent medical help call 999
More information about addictions can be found on the addiction page on NHS.uk.
How we can help
- We can meet you in a place where you feel safe
- We’ll keep any information you give us confidential
- We can recommend and work with other organisations that might be able to help you
- We can help you make a plan that works for you
We understand that your addiction can affect your finances and your ability to work or hold down a job. If you’re having problems paying your rent, please contact us and we can work with you, to help you get you back into credit.
Who else can help?
Here are some organisations we work with that might be able to help you:
- CGL spectrum. A free and confidential adult drug and alcohol service based in Stevenage
- Resolve. An adult drug and alcohol service with centres in Hitchin, Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
- The living room. An addiction recovery charity with centres in Stevenage and St Albans
- Gamcare. A national charity offering free one-to-one and group treatment services to problem gamblers and others affected
- Samaritans on 116 123