Update your Universal Credit claim

If you receive Universal Credit don’t forget to update your online journal or contact Job Centre Plus with your new rent and service charges.

Go to the dedicated government webpage and complete the ‘Confirm your housing costs To Do.’
Then answer the questions at ‘Date of change’ and ‘Changes to your rent’ and ‘Changes to your service charges’.

Your new charges from 1 April 2024 are shown in the orange booklet sent out at the end of February.

Remember – Don’t include personal charges such as water, heating and home insurance as these are not eligible.