Moving into your new home
This can be an exciting time, but it can also be stressful. Planning ahead is key to making sure things run smoothly for you.
You will need to ensure you budget for your move, as well as thinking about what you need to set aside each week/month for your regular bills such as rent, council tax, utilities, insurances and your TV license.
To help guide you through the process of starting life in your new home here is a checklist of who you may need to inform about your move...
- Your local authority for Council Tax and Housing benefit if you are making a claim
- Department for Work and Pensions for Child Benefit and/or Working /Family Tax Credits
- Banks, building societies and Credit card companies
- Insurance companies
- Your utility providers. Before leaving your old property you will also need to ensure you take gas, electricity and water meter readings. Always record the date you took these and if possible take a picture of the reading on the meter in case there is an issue.
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) if you have a driving license
- Telephone or Internet providers
- TV Licensing
- Doctors and other medical professionals