Renting out your property - home owners
As a home owner, you can rent out your home if:
- Your lease allows you to
- You gain permission from us (there will be a charge of £25)
Of course, as the leaseholder you’ll still be responsible for:
- Meeting the terms and conditions of your lease
- Paying any service and other charges to us
- Ensuring gas, electrical and other legal checks are carried out and certificated by a qualified person as well as the other legal responsibilities of a landlord
What you need to do
Please email or write to us and:
- Tell us that you want to rent out your property
- Include a copy of your proposed tenancy agreement
- Include your new address and contact details
Make a payment to us of £25
We’ll then write to you and confirm the permission decision.
You should also inform your mortgage lender, as you may also need their permission to rent the property out.