Repairs and maintenance

Repairs and maintenance

(This page is for homeowners and shared-owners. If you rent your home go here.)

Reporting repairs

As a home owner or shared owner, you’re responsible for all repairs and maintenance inside your property (including the boiler) and any private gardens, but you can report repairs to communal areas.

If you live in a newly built property, it will have a 1 or 2 year warranty, which means you can report all problems, whether inside or outside the property to us within the warranty period. Just contact us.

Please check that your front door is a fire door, and report any issues to us as soon as possible so we can help you rectify any problems.

Home improvements

Please read our making alterations and improvements to your property page.

If you live in a flat, you’ll need our written permission to make any changes to your windows or front door.

Communal areas and facilities

If you live in a block of flats or a complex, we’re responsible for all communal areas and facilities.

You can report a communal repair in the account section.

For more information about cleaning, gardening, parking and more, see our communal areas and facilities page.

Related pages

Communal areas and facilities

Service charges

Make a payment