Sub-letting your property

Sub-letting your property

(This page is for homeowners. If you rent your home go to the lodgers and sub-letting page.)

If you’re homeowner, you can rent out your home if:

Of course, as the leaseholder you’ll still be responsible for:

  • Meeting the terms and conditions of your lease
  • Paying any service and other charges to us
  • Ensuring gas, electrical and other legal checks are carried out and certificated by a qualified person as well as the other legal responsibilities of a landlord

What you need to do

Please fill in the form below.

If you’d rather email or write to us then please include the following:

  • Tell us that you want to rent out your property
  • Include a copy of your proposed tenancy agreement
  • Include your new address and contact details

We’ll then write to you and confirm the permission decision.

If your request is approved you’ll need to make a payment to us of £25

You should also inform your mortgage lender, as you may also need their permission to rent the property out.

Homeowner sublet permission form

Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, pdf, wpd, doc, docx, csv, svg, tif, avi, flv, m4v, mkv, mov, mp4, mpg, webm, wmv, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, vsd, psd, heif, dwg, vtx, psd, mpp, mpx, Max. file size: 120 MB.