An emergency is something that, if not tackled immediately, could put you or others’ safety or health at risk, or could cause serious damage to your home. Typical examples include:
- Total loss of power, heating or water
- Major leaks and flooding inside your home
- Broken doors or ground floor windows making your home insecure
- For a full list, see our repairs and maintenance standard [PDF]
If your repair is an emergency, call us immediately any time of day or night on 0330 343 0016.
We’ll be with you within 4 hours and the repair will be completed or made safe within 24 hours.
If you smell gas:
- Call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999
- Turn off the gas
- Don’t turn any light switches or power sockets on or off
- Open your windows and air the property
To report a power cut, call UK power networks on 0800 7838 838
If your home is affected:
- Turn off the power at the main fuse box or meter
- Call us on 0330 343 0016
- Wait for assistance to arrive
Water, leaks and flooding
Call us if you have a major leak or flooding in your home. Turn your water off at the main stopcock.
If your water stops, first check with your neighbours to see if it’s a general water outage. If it is, check out your water supplier’s website for updates.